Join Our Team
Interested in joining our world-class team?
Find out what positions are available by contacting email@example.com.
Assistant Director of Quality Assurance
Founded in 1986, Aerospace Manufacturing – known as AMI, is a cutting-edge, ISO-accredited, Phillips Screw licensee manufacturer that produces a diversified product line of High Strength, Close Tolerance Aerospace Fasteners serving the aerospace, Navy, and military industries. AMI has earned a solid reputation for reliability and high quality, making us a trusted source for world-class OEM leaders including, but not limited to Sikorsky, NAVICP, NASA and Lockheed Martin. Aerospace Manufacturing in Wallington, New Jersey is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Quality Assurance.
Duties will include:
- Assists in Overseeing Quality Control Lead and Department. Oversees the in-Process Production quality as well as final product.
- Responsible for understanding and the implementation of the Quality Manual (ISO 9001)
- Maintains ISO9001 and eventual AS9100 Quality system and completes audits to maintain certification and continuous improvement.
- Performs Contract Review to Establish all processes to achieve final product Reviews all orders and oversees issue of Engineered Traveler/BOM and upon shipment, a Test Report and Certificate of Conformance
- Helps with production scheduling when the need arises.
- Reviews customers’ quality complaints and queries with requirements, specifications and prints to provide timely and appropriate feedback
- Ensures effective and timely communications in reporting in all areas to upper management; among and between team-members; and to/from all customers.
- Responsible for gathering information about internal audits and quality discrepancies for Management teams’ review and possible action.
- Maintains a professional relationship with staff as well as customers and suppliers.
- Oversees scheduling and prioritization of all QC department activities such as PAR and CAR logs, NCR close out, calibration records, etc.
- Establishes and presents regular training for employees on quality issues, and develops programs to encourage each employee to perform quality control as part of in-process operations.
- Team leader and integral team members for ERP integration.
- Creating and leading a new machinery preventative maintenance program
- BS in mathematics/chemistry or science related field preferred
- Math skills essential
- 3-5 years in manufacturing a plus
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Willing to take initiative
- Leadership Skills
- Fluent English – both written and spoken// Ability to write/compose effective business correspondence
- Knowledge/background in Chemistry and environmental regulations/requirements preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Aerospace Standards Preferred incl quality control devices and non-destructive and destructive testing devices and machines
- Time Management, including ability to self-manage
- Attention to detail: An efficient problem solver
- Blueprint reading skills
- Project management
- Must be highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Willing to undergo a background check and to take a grammar and writing test
Graduate and Undergraduate Students
We also would like to encourage both undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in becoming part of an innovative team to contact Aerospace Manufacturing. Conveniently located 15 minutes from Midtown, Manhattan, we are committed to recruiting the best and the brightest from the millennial workforce!